Thank you for your interest in Franklin Pierce Schools. Please read the following requirements carefully. The main body of the application is to be filled out on-line and you will submit it electronically. There are a number of supplemental items which must be submitted separately in order for your application to be complete (see below). Submission of the online application makes you an active candidate; however, in order for your application to be complete and for you to be considered for open positions, all supplementary information must be received by Human Resources. You will receive e-mail notification when all information to complete your application has been received.
Applications will not be kept active beyond one year from the submission date, unless renewed and/or updated by the applicant.
To use the Online Application to apply for a certificated position in Franklin Pierce Schools, please follow the procedures listed below. You may wish to print these procedures for quick reference.
Please Note: If you do not complete your application and transmit it within ninety (90) days, it will be removed from our online system.
FIRST TIME USER
If you have not previously registered with our On-Line Application system, have not submitted a paper application, and you are not a current employee with our school district, click First Time User to begin the process.
If you were a previous applicant to our on-line system (you submitted a paper application within the last 2 years) and have not registered on-line, click Previous Applicant to begin.
If you are a District employee requesting to apply for a specific open position, click District Employee to begin.
If you have already registered on our on-line system, click Registered User to log onto the On-Line Application system.
- Employment Application Form. Click on Application and complete each of the sections beginning with Base Info. Fill out the remaining sections on the Application Menu including Degrees, Certificate/License, Skills, Experience, Preferences, and References. When completing the Experience section please include your teaching and administrative experience as part of your employment history.
- Inserts. There are two inserts in the Inserts section.
- Insert A - Belief Statement
- Insert B - Release to Provide Information Form
These forms must be completed by all applicants. Clicking on PRINT to the right of the name of the form opens the document. Please print and complete both documents. Sign and submit the forms to Human Resources along with the information requested the items below. Applicants will be subject to all Washington state certification regulations. When an offer of employment is made, new employees who will or may have unsupervised access to children, developmentally disabled persons, or vulnerable adults must complete a background check for criminal history, including a fingerprint check, by the State and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), as well as a current written disclosure of specified criminal convictions and civil or disciplinary board findings. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful outcome of the criminal history background check and approval by Franklin Pierce Schools' Board Members.
- Letter of Interest. Please prepare a general cover letter stating the positions in which you are interested and your qualifications for the positions. For elementary classroom, regular education applicants, please include all the grade levels (K-5) for which you would like to be considered. You will automatically be considered for all current and future openings at the grade level(s) you indicate during this hiring season.
- Current Resume. Please include a resume of your work experience, education, certifications, and special skills. This will help to "fill in the gaps" left by the District application.
- Written Belief Statement. "In Franklin Pierce Schools we believe that every student can learn to think, reason, and achieve at high levels." In a maximum of one page, please state how you will work in support of this belief.
- Copies of College Transcripts. Transcripts are helpful in the screening process and are not normally included in your placement file. (Official transcripts will be required upon employment.)
- Letters of Recommendation or College Placement File. A placement file from your college or university or a minimum of three letters of teaching/administrative-related recommendations is required. Your application is considered incomplete without it/them. Request your college placement service send the file directly to the Human Resources Office.
- Copy of PRAXIS II or WEST-E results. No Child Left Behind (NCLB) promotes quality learning experiences for students. All teachers must be "Highly Qualified" per NCLB requirements.
- Copy of State Certification. If you have not yet received your certificate, please indicate when you expect to receive it and submit a copy immediately upon receipt.
- Skills/Interests and Tests: Be sure to click on Tab 5 Skills to enter information related to your experiences, skills and/or interest area. On this tab you will have the option to enter information related to:
||Advising (e.g. student activities or leadership activities such as mentor teacher, committee work, teacher leader, department chair, grant development)
||Coaching (enter all coaching interests)
||Training (Enter training you have completed or skills attained as a result of training by selecting from the drop down choices)
||Language (select any language proficiency).
- Submit Application. DO NOT exit from the application system without completing the Submit tab. On this tab you will respond to a background/disclosure statement and complete your application with an electronic signature. Your application will not be considered complete unless you complete this activity.
Upon completion of your application, you can click on Summary and review and print a copy of your application. If you have further questions, please contact Human Resources at 253-298-3085. The mailing address for the submission of application documents is:
Franklin Pierce Schools
315 129th St S
Tacoma, WA 98444