Thank you for your interest in Franklin Pierce Schools. Please read the following requirements carefully. The main body of the application is to be filled out on-line and you will submit it electronically. There are a number of supplemental items which must be submitted separately in order for your application to be complete (see below). Submission of the online application makes you an active candidate; however, in order for your application to be complete and for you to be considered for open positions, all supplementary information must be received by Human Resources. You will receive e-mail notification when all information to complete your application has been received.
Applications will not be kept active beyond one year from the submission date, unless renewed and/or updated by the applicant.
To use the Online Application to apply for a certificated position in Franklin Pierce Schools, please follow the procedures listed below. You may wish to print these procedures for quick reference.
Please Note: If you do not complete your application and transmit it within ninety (90) days, it will be removed from our online system.
FIRST TIME USER
If you have not previously registered with our On-Line Application system, have not submitted a paper application, and you are not a current employee with our school district, click First Time User to begin the process.
If you were a previous applicant to our on-line system (you submitted a paper application within the last 2 years) and have not registered on-line, click Previous Applicant to begin.
If you are a District employee requesting to apply for a specific open position, click District Employee to begin.
If you have already registered on our on-line system, click Registered User to log onto the On-Line Application system.
- Employment Application Form. Click on Application and complete each of the sections beginning with Preferences. Fill out the remaining sections on the Application Menu including Degrees, License, Skills, Experience, and References. When completing the Experience section please include your recent work history.
- Please complete the insert(s) that is appropriate for the position for which you wish to apply. Clicking on PRINT to the right of the name of the form opens the document; print and complete these documents. Sign and submit the forms to Human Resources along with the information requested in items 3, 4, 5, and 6 below.
- Maintenance, Grounds & Custodial
- Nutrition Services
- Transportation Bus Drivers
Applicants will be subject to a state background check. When an offer of employment is made, new employees who will or may have unsupervised access to children, developmentally disabled persons, or vulnerable adults must complete a background check for criminal history, including a fingerprint check, by the State and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), as well as a current written disclosure of specified criminal convictions and civil or disciplinary board findings. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful outcome of the criminal history background check and approval by Franklin Pierce Schools' Board of Directors.
- Letter of Interest. Please prepare a general cover letter stating the position(s) in which you are interested, your qualifications for the position(s), and why you would like to work for Franklin Pierce Schools. A separate letter of interest will be required for each position for which you apply.
- Current Resume. Please include a resume of your work experience, education, and special skills. This will help to "fill in the gaps" left by the District application.
- Copies of College Transcripts. If you have completed any college work, you will need to submit a copy of your transcripts.
- Letters of Recommendation. Three letters of recommendation is preferred.
- Submit Application. DO NOT exit from the application system without completing the Submit tab. On this tab you will respond to a background/disclosure statement and complete your application with an electronic signature. Your application will not be considered complete unless you complete this activity.
Upon completion of your application, you can click on Summary and review and print a copy of your application. If you have further questions, please contact Human Resources at 253-298-3085. The mailing address for the submission of application documents is:
Franklin Pierce Schools
315 129th St S
Tacoma, WA 98444